Prov 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Friday, March 11, 2011

What's Happening Here

Here we are, just a day away from daylight savings time and this is what's happening now. This is our relatively well sheltered neighborhood. The photo doesn't pick up the howl of the wind or the constant discord of the chimes by our front door. Or the emergency siren I hear on Crescent Road - God help the rescuers and whomever it is they're rescuing! I'm mighty thankful to not be out there, yet compared to Japan's devastation, this is still nothing. Dare I let it bring to mind an old hymn?

"Tho the angry surges roll on my tempest-driven soul;
I am peaceful for I know, wildly though the winds may blow;
I've an anchor safe and sure that can evermore endure.
And it holds, my anchor holds! Blow your wildest then, oh gale,
on my bark so small and frail; By His grace I shall not fail
For my anchor holds.
--W.C. Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment