- Am extremely thankful all the headache issues are gone and I've felt well.
- Had an editor from Abingdon Press "randomly" sit beside me at breakfast. Turns out she was one of the editors I had wanted an appointment with but didn't get! She listened to my pitch and invited me to submit my book proposal. Very encouraging!
- Ate three marvelous, scrumptious meals that I did not have to plan, prepare, clean up after, or even choose.
- Learned more about the writing craft from an unassuming, 60-ish woman who writes Science Fiction, including two Star Wars novels. Of all things.
- Took a workshop on humour with Ken Davis that was more entertaining than informing. And I'm okay with that.
- Sat next to Mister Liz Higgs (Bill) in one of the classes and had a nice conversation. He's trying his hand at novel writing.
- Met with an editor from Tyndale who listened to my pitch and told me to find an agent. Grr.
- Met with an agent who said he wouldn't be able to sell my book. (And he's a Canadian, too. I thought we were supposed to stick together.)
- Heard from McNair Wilson, dramatist and former Disney Imagineer. Had a light-bulb moment during his talk. When I spoke with him later, sure enough, Jon and I saw him perform his one-man act at LeTourneau 30 years ago! I told him he may have just lit a little spark in me way back then for drama ministry.
- Am super thankful for friends who prayed for me today.
- Got six words from God that I could pretty much build my life upon: "God will accomplish what concerns me." (Psalm 138:8)
And so can you.