Prov 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Monday, February 21, 2011

You Just Never Know

Ten days ago, I blogged from the Writing for the Soul conference about an editor I'd been hoping to speak with and how she "randomly" sat next to me at breakfast. We did speak. She invited me to send her my book proposal, which I did that very evening. Haven't heard back yet. Nothing unusual about that, it generally takes several weeks or even months.
     Here's the thing. I learned enough about her to know she has a daughter the age of my youngest son. Rachel (the daughter) has lived her life in a wheel chair due to cerebral palsy and requires full-time care. She is an only child and the dad is not involved. Somehow, I have not been able to get this mom and daughter out of my mind.
     Could it be that our providential meeting had nothing to do with my book and everything to do with my needing to pray for Rachel and her mom?
     How very backwards. Perhaps, one could even say, "up side down."

No comments:

Post a Comment