|Another view from my room|
First day of "Writing for the Soul" behind me and they keep us so busy I don't have time to blog. But here is what I know for sure:
- Jerry B. Jenkins is a generous man who does not have a swelled head in spite of having sold over 60 million books.
- Liz Curtis Higgs is one funny lady.
- There are plenty of others here who feel as out of their league as I do.
- With each breath, we get only half the oxygen you get at sea level. I don't know how this compares to home.
- Water stations are EVERYWHERE and we're supposed to drink, drink, drink to fight altitude sickness.
- Lots of input means lots of outflow, which is not conducive to a good night's sleep.
- Snow removal equipment incessantly beep beep beeping outside your window from 1:00 til 4:00 in the morning is not conducive to a good night's sleep.
- You can drink so much water you feel like you're going to float away and still have nasty, flu-like symptoms from altitude sickness. Which is not conducive to a good night's sleep.
- When someone you love more than life does not consider God to be a friend, you fall to pieces when you hear an amazing tenor sing "Bring Him Home" (The Prayer) from Les Miserables.
- I need prayer, especially at 2:00 today (3:00 at home) when I meet with a rep from Tyndale House.
- God brought me here. For reasons which may or may not have anything to do with my little book.
- Americans talk funny.