Prov 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Saturday, February 12, 2011

de Jour

  • Good News of the Day: Literary Agent Bill Jensen wants to see my book proposal.
  • Lesson of the Day: How to write great magazine query letters.
  • Tears of the Day: Ken Davis' story of his granddaughter going missing for 3.5 hours on a camping trip.
  • Blessing of the Day: Sitting with a writer of plays and drama sketches at lunch and being able to connect her to people who have published mine....and seeing the gratitude on her face!
  • Quote of the Day: "It's a good thing a major publisher didn't publish it, because we would have nitpicked it to death." -- a Zondervan editor referring to "The Shack"
  • Surprise of the Day: Sitting next to a Church Resources publisher at lunch who suggested I send in "Waiting in the Wings" (my long-abandoned book for drama teams.)
  • Soup of the Day: tomato
  • Worry of the Day: will I make it to the airport on time and get on my flight tomorrow?
  • Word of the Day: "Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all." (from the old hymn.)

1 comment:

  1. I love these little updates from the road. Thanks for updating us even though you've been so busy!

    ReplyDelete