Prov 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine... - Proverbs 17:22

Thursday, February 16, 2012

And the Winner is...

Congratulations to my new friend, Peter Leavell, for winning the top spot on the Operation First Novel contest! (Don't be sad, friends. God's timing is perfect!)
This sign is front of the main doors.

Me and Mom at "the sign."

Jim and Peter

Jim, Me, Peter before the announcement. (Kimberley & Clarice can't be here.)


I get to sit at Jerry B Jenkin's "by invitation only" table at lunch tomorrow!

The winner, Peter, with the gorgeous cover already designed by the publishers.

I have already had conversations with two of the judges who told me they loved my book and I've got some appointments set up with agents tomorrow and Saturday. Meanwhile, much to learn and do. Mom and I are completely exhausted. Off to bed now.

5 comments:

  1. You are a gracious WINNER, Terrie! So happy that you and your mom are able to take part.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrie, you make me smile! SO proud of you... Hope you had a great sleep, because the next couple days sound exciting! What an incredible journey!! Thanks for letting me watch it unfold. I'm learning a lot of good things from you and your "Fab 5"! :) (And very little of it has anything to do with writing... ;)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! Good luck with the meetings with agents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo Peter's sentiment. It's been wonderful to meet you an your mom

    ReplyDelete